Coconut oil can be used for a lot of things, especially for beauty uses and skincare. Here are a few things, coconut oil can be used for:
1. "Shaving cream": You can use coconut oil to shave your legs or underarms. Shaving cream can be expensive and it is full of chemicals. Why not use this natural product? All you need to do, is wet your legs, apply the coconut oil and shave just as usual. Plus, the oil has skin-soothing properties and will let your legs look hydrated.
3. Hair deep-conditioner: A lot of conditioners contain coconut oil, because it is a very gentle, natural and conditioning product. After showering, towel dry your hair and warm up as much coconut oil as you need to cover all of your hair and put on a shower cap. Leave it in your hair for a few hours (or sleep with it) and wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner. You will be left wit soft, shiny, silky and moisturized hair.
4. Makeup remover. Put some coconut oil onto a cotton ball and gently swipe it over your eye makeup. This will remove all of your makeup, even waterproof mascara!
5. "Lash growth serum": If you put coconut oil onto you eyelashes every night, they will stay moisturized after all those chemicals of the mascara and might even grow longer and thicker.
6. General skin moisturizer. After showering, you can just rub the oil onto you skin, and it will moisturize your skin wonderfully and your skin will feel so amazingly soft. The coconut oil will give your skin a natural glow, without looking greasy.
7. Oil pulling for whiter teeth: Warm up a tablespoon of coconut oil and swirl it in your mouth for about 20 minutes.(Sounds disgusting, needs some getting used to ;)) This will kill all germs and bacteria in your mouth, and after about two weeks, you should see a noticeable difference in the color of your teeth. They will be whiter and shinier.
8. Massage oil: If you warm the coconut oil up in the microwave, you can add a few drops of your favourite essential oil and you have your perfect, own customised massage oil.